CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Mitsubishi shogun sport 2005 2.5, will not start. have had

mitsubishi shogun sport 2005 2.5, will not start. have had diagnostic done from the garage no faults showing any ideas what the problem is?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: battery connections fine, new battery!
JA: What is the model of your '05 Mitsubishi?
Customer: Shogun Sport Equippe 2.5
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have put in new filter and primer changed a diesel pipe that looked dodgy, new glow plugs around 6 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Garage is clueless after doing full diagnostic, they said according to that everything is fine.....obviously not

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Have you tried spraying easy-start into the intake pipe? (this is not a fix, it's a diagnosis procedure. I don't recommend frequent use of easy-start).

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No not tried that but will

Try this method and let me know the results. If it starts, that means you have a problem with fuel delivery.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks, had a feeling it might be something to do with fuel, however diagnostics showed that pump ect was OK. Would it possibly be air in the pipes?

It could be air trapped in the fuel lines but you will only really know if fuel delivery is the problem, if the engine tries to start with the easy-start spray.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Really appreciate your responses, will try that all tomorrow, leave you in peace for now. Enjoy your weekend and thank you.

No problem :) All the best and thank you for using JA!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi, it's me ref: the Mitsubishi. Tried the Easy Start and it started first turn of the key, your a genius! One more question, As I said originally I replaced a small fuel pipe that was leaking, do you think that is what caused the none start?

Thank you :) If the problem persists after replacing that pipe, then there must be a problem elsewhere. The easy-start puts fuel into the cylinders which means there is definitely a problem with fuel delivery which can be air in the fuel system, clogged fuel lines, bad fuel pump, or clogged injectors etc. What you did with the easy-start, was just narrow in on the possible cause, now you need to get the fuel system checked or you could try an injector cleaner and see if that fixes the problem.

Hope this helps.

I hope I have answered your question, if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please don't forget to leave a 5-star rating. Your rating benefits me and helps me build my reputation. It is also a way to thank me for using my time and expertise to respond to customers. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Brilliant thank you, that's the first time started since replacement of the pipe, keeping fingers crossed it was that, but any further problems you will have highlighted to me what needs doing. Took it for a run, and it seemed fine! Again thank you very much for your help

Glad I could help :) All the best and thank you for using JA!