CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have tried to activate my reverse camera as normal by

I have tried to activate my reverse camera as normal by reversing but the camera is coming out, however nothing is appearing on the screen
Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: It came with the vehicle
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mercedes gla 2016
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I’ve tried to reset the car and the media system but nothings happening. Just the same thing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no nothing else

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay thank you

Is it a flip-out type of reverse camera?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yeah it is

When you select the reverse gear, is it actually coming out?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yeah it’s coming out as normal but not appearing on the screen at all

Did you pull the fuse out for the head unit/camera system to reset them?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I don’t know how to do that for starters but no I haven’t done anything at all

Fuse 108 in the passenger fuse box (behind the footwell panel) is for the reversing camera. Pull this out for about 5 minutes and then put it back and see if it works. Fuse 106 also says multifunction camera on the diagram so, pull this fuse aswell. You can refer to the diagram on the inside of the fusebox panel, just incase your fuse layout is different to the diagram I have.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’ve got it open but I can’t find fuse 106

Ignore the call request.

If the reset procedure does nothing, this is either a software issue or there is a problem with the camera or its wiring harness, this is common with the motorised cameras.

The fuses you need are on the right side (in that image) which I can't really see because of the angle of that picture.

Please see the diagram attached.

The image of the fusebox diagram is upside down compared to your picture. If you look at the connectors number 21+22 on my diagram, they are on the right side whereas in your picture, they are on the left.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’ve found on the right hand side where fuse 106 is meant to be but the fuse is not there
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’m missing 106

Is there a fuse in 108?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yeah there is, should I take it out?

Fuse 106 may be for a different camera such as the 360 degree camera or lane assist etc, it depends what your vehicle is equipped with.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay I get you, as there’s one in 108 should I take that one out?

Yes remove it for a few minutes, turn the car on whilst you're waiting, then turn the car off and put the fuse back in.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay thank you I’m gonna do that know I’ll be back in 10 to let you know if it’s worked

Welcome, message on here when you're done.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you so much it’s working now!!!
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Such amazing help honestly I’m so grateful

Glad it's sorted :) Probably a software glitch.

Thank you for using JA!

I hope I have answered your question, if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please don't forget to leave a 5-star rating. Your rating benefits me and helps me build my reputation. It is also a way to thank me for using my time and expertise to respond to customers. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No problem!! :)