experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a Citreon Dispatch 1.6 TDCI 07 DV6 ENGINE, I changed

Customer Question

Hi I have a Citreon Dispatch 1.6 TDCI 07 DV6 ENGINE
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: I changed my engine and it will only start for a few seconds I loosened the diesel injector pipe just a tiny bit and it runs but squirts out fuel as soon as i tighten up the pipe it cuts out manual and 96000
JA: What is the model of your '07 Citroen?
Customer: Dispatch
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing it myself I have changed the Crank Sensor I have changed the Injectors
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have changed the fuel filter as well
Category: Car
Expert:  experteer replied 27 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

After replacing the injectors, were the injector codes newly taught into the control unit?

Each injector has a code at the top. This code must be stored in the control unit. This code indicates the internal manufacturing tolerances of the injector. The control unit then adjusts the injection quantity accordingly. If this is not done, the car runs very badly or not at all.

If this has not yet been done, please do this.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi. Thank you for getting back to me. What happened was the new engine came with its original injectors but only started for a second or two then cut out So I changed my injectors to the ones I had in my old engine but it did the same thing so I changed them back to the injectors that were the original ones for the engine
Expert:  experteer replied 27 days ago.

Are the injecors at the same Cylinder Numbers like in the old engine?

Expert:  experteer replied 26 days ago.

Please answer only in this chat, new questions do not only cost extra, it can also be that the question is accepted by a colleague, but he does not know the previously discussed and you have to explain everything anew.

What fault codes are stored in the control unit?