sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My ford transit 2017 plate broke down last week ,garage have

My ford transit 2017 plate broke down last week ,garage have phoned today saying theres almost 2 litres extra oil in the sump (no oil has been added or over filled) the oil is also contaminated a d the turbo has collapsed. Can this be caused by fuel getting into oil ,addblue or the van doing regens and dumping old fuel and oil back into the sump
Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It started fine ran fine ,no warning signs prior to breakdown ,lost all power ,opened the bonnet and had oil everywhere
Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it's in the garage
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please if you are having any mechanical fault so far?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My 2017 ford transit broke down last week ,no warning lights just loss of all power ,I looked under the bonnet to find oil everywhere .its been at the garage a week now and was told today that there was apparently 2litres of extra oil in the sump ,and that the fuel was contaminated. Tbe turbo has also collapsed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do you have any info for me

Dear customer, my apologies for my delay. I understand your question. Let me explain to you, what had to happen is that first a turbo damage occurred caused the intercooler oil to pass to the engine and not vice versa, I mean what I am observing is that you think what the oil in the sump was what caused the damage to the turbo and that is not the case.

The damage of the turbo could have been caused by various factors, the important thing is that first of all to correct this problem you have to disassemble the intercooler and the turbo both have to be checked and if necessary replaced, it is very likely that the oil also has entered the engine cooling system therefore you will also have to check if the radiator also has oil.

Finally, I am concerned that the oil that entered the engine was contaminated because if it is so, you will have to do a thorough cleaning of the engine and therefore you will have to disassemble part of the engine.

It's basically what I can see in your dear customer inquiry.

Do you understand me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible and that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know and we can keep working on your query. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thankyou for the reply ,could the extra oil in the sump be caused by the dpf failing or doing to many regens ,and then causing the oil to be contaminated, also wander if its caused by faulty fuel injectors .
My van has been serviced in accordance to the maintenance schedule. However I feel the dealer is trying to push the blame on to me somehow .if normal usage and driving has been done ,would this cause any of the issues above ?
Thankyou

What happens is that the oil excess effectively makes the oil pass to the engine that subsequently passes to the exhaust, this causes the dpf to get load with oil.
This is when this dpf failure occurs.
So the problem initially begins because of the turbo, do you understand me?