sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Clutch pedal completely on the floor amd cant get into gear

Customer Question

Clutch pedal completely on the floor amd cant get into gear with car tuned on
Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: The clutch has slipped a few times amd I cant get into gear
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2003 seat arosa
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far I havent tried anything I was going to contact a garage but jeed hemp diagnosing what the problem is
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have you ever replaced the clutch kit?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The clutch kit has not been replaced

Hello dear customer, i apology for my delay, i did not observe your reply.

Dear customer, i understand your question. The clutch system is made up of 3 important parts known as the disc, the pressure plate and the flywheel.

So, basically these can be the two factors that can affect your clutch pedal:

The easiest and first thing to check is the clutch slave cylinder, this is found in some models near the clutch pedal and in another models is in the upper part under the hood, so what you are going to do first is to verify the clutch slave cylinder and see if this is exerting pressure this is the amount in a very easy way.

If the clutch cylinder is correct, then we proceed to disassemble the clutch kit which is very likely to be defective by the time of use and the year, this is normal and basically is a maintenance that should be done to all vehicles every so often.

But this is nothing to worry about, it is simply maintenance. What should they do, have you understood me?

Before finishing your query if the clutch cylinder is defective, you don't have much to worry either. As this clutch cylinder is simply replaced by a kit of seals and internal parts responsible for generating the pressure.

Finally also verify that you have hydraulic oil of course in the clutch cylinder as many times our customers forgot that they must be re-verifying this and you may have simply run out of hydraulic oil in the cylinder.