Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Car does not start straight away and is stuck at around

Customer Question

Car does not start straight away and is stuck at around 20,000 rpm
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.
Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, does the car start on, but can't rev up?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes the car needed to be turned over a few times to start. It got stuck on 20,000 rpm yesterday when it started. Today it started straight away. The yellow powertrain light came on today and turned red for a short while. This evening it's starting straight away and no warning light showing. It was not stuck on revs today at all.

So, the car today is working as usual without failures?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes it is better than usual today except for the yellow powertrain light this morning that turned red for a minute.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer I understand your query basically this type of problems is due to different factors and determining them with precision is very complicated and almost impossible since I'm not with the vehicle even by being with the vehicle it is very difficult to determine it.

Basically these types of problems are known as sporadic failures or limp mode, this are failures that the computer produces when an error code is detected from an erroneous signal, this erroneous signal comes from a bad reading in one of the sensors of the vehicle.

What you must do first dear customer is to locate a diagnostic equipment with Ford software and perform a computerized diagnosis to be able to know exactly the error code that is activating this fault that is why the light turns on until it reaches the red color, and once the error code is known, the work is done based on it.

From my perception I can see it is a fuel level problem, and the pump may be requiring a replacement, but you must perform a computerized diagnosis to confirm it.