Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

Was running fine. Stop the engine and now it will not start

Customer Question

Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Engine is turning over really fast. Citroen relay 2019
Assistant: What is the model of your '19 Citroen?
Customer: Relay long wheel base
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turned on and off lock and unlock the doors as could be that
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Car
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can you advise
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi any news
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 10 days ago.

HI

Thank you for your question. my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. Hopefully I can help.

When an engine turns over very fast and will not start this often indicates a broken camshaft drive belt. This should not need changing on your Citroen until the vehicle has covered 96,000 miles.

As your vehicle is less than a year old I would not expect this to be the case, and it may just seem to be turning over quickly as it is not firing up.

Providing you have diesel in the tank and have not inadvertently topped up with petrol then normally a vehicle of such an age should not have a problem.

The vehicle will be under the manufactures warranty and I would contact them to come out and rectify the problem.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask me any further details by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept you can continue to ask further questions by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve