sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Vauhall Astra van 2006 heater not working and cooling water

Customer Question

Vauhall Astra van 2006 heater not working and cooling water being lost and running down front of engine although engine running perfecly ok
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.
Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay. I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, do you have any mechanical fault or smoke on the exhaust?
Also is the car overheating?
Thanks in advance.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There is no mechanical fault to my knowledge there is no smoke at the exhaust and yes the van is overheating
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do you have an answer for me please
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Dear customer, I apology for my delay and i understand your question, in your case, of course, that the heater will not work while there is a coolant leak, basically because this system works in conjunction with the engine cooling system, for this reason, sometimes the heater to work properly you must wait a bit until the engine starts.
As you are in the presence of a leak in the cooling system, the heater motor will not be able to work properly.
This leak is a dangerous thing, because if the engine overheats or raises its temperature after a certain point it causes significant damage to it, which causes significant repair costs, you must correct this immediately and not use your Vans until corrected.

The first thing you should do is identify the exact location of the leak, it can be from the radiator, from the container or the coolant cap, or it can simply be a leaking hose, what you should do is go to a garage with a pressure gauge placed in the refrigeration system, this injects air into the system and increases the pressure in the pressure gauge, this pressure cannot decrease or yield, if it does you will locate the leak quickly.

Do you understand me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.