sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2007 Forester 2.0 petrol. Engine warning light on,

I have a 2007 Forester 2.0 petrol. Engine warning light on, cruise control flashing. Dealers said change secondary air pump and relay. This was done (not by Subaru). Lights still on, so next an Auto Electrician had the car for a couple of days. Lights off for one journey but now back on as before. Used Tesco fuel last fill up, checked fuel cap on properly.
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Not tried using the cruise control, nor checked fuses (which ones?).
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, took it to dealers for diagnosis. A local mechanic fitted the replacement secondary air pump and relay, but said go to an auto electrician for another diagnosis. I did, he had it a couple of days and journey home no warning lights. Next day, both warnings again!
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, I am not mechanical.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do the garages perform a diagnostic lokking for erro codes?
Also, in addition to the lights, do you have any mechanical fault?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes they do diagnostic checks, but I don't know the codes they find. Also, I have not noticed any mechanical change, but I have not tried using the cruise control.

Dear customer, i understand your inquiry. Let me explain why the cruise mode does not work because of the light on the dashboard:

All your forester is being monitored through sensors that send signals to the main computer, when one of the sensors detects an erroneous signal or outside its normal operating range the computer receives this signal and warns you through the light of the engine on the dashboard, this causes the vehicle to protect itself by disabling certain vehicle systems as the cruise control system.

Now, the only way to solve this is by resetting the error code that the indicator is generating on the dashboard, I observed that the vehicle has carried certain distributors but they are not authorized by Subaru. What happens is that these distributors do not have adequate diagnostic equipment for entering the manufacturer-specific error codes, which means that these diagnostic devices cannot turn off these indicator lights, if the error codes cannot know exactly what the indicator is causing on the board and therefore know Exactly what prohibits the operation of the cruise control.

I hope you can understand my answer, it is very necessary to use a Subaru diagnostic equipment to be able to erase that error code.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!