sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Subaru tribeca which has a power fault on the

I have a Subaru tribeca which has a power fault on the display system
Assistant: What year is your Tribeca?
Customer: 2007
Assistant: Are you fixing your Tribeca yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I've not tried anything myself I had an engineer come out who diagnostic the car and found the fault in the power in the display system
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please what error messages do you have lit?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There is no error message
The unit comes on when I start the engine and when driving it just turns off and stays off for the rest of the journey stop and turn the engine off and then on again sometimes it will come on sometimes it won't I had an engineer come out today to put a diagnostic machine on it and said that there is a power failure in the screen itself

I apology for my delay and i understand dear customer, The problem is that this type of failure is a bit complicated to solve in an economical way and in most cases, the equipment must be completely replaced, what happens is that it is likely that the rear connections of the equipment have generated some kind of problems due to low temperatures.
Usually this low temperatures create much less causing the connections to corrode and cause interference in the equipment as in your case on the screen.

This is the most accessible case, the problem is that if the connections are correct and the equipment is still being paid, you may be in the presence of a problem on the multimedia equipment board; The multimedia equipment boards are not repaired mostly because they are like the boards of the smartphone or any electronic component, they are very delicate and usually always choose to replace all the equipment.
What I can recommend you, dear customer, is that you do not go to the Subaru to have your equipment checked because they will directly indicate that you replace it, as we as a Subaru technician do not have extensive knowledge of our equipment because these equipment are not created by the Subaru, but the company hires alternate companies that install these equipment so our knowledge is limited, when we observe faults in the board we decided to replace the equipment completely but in the car audio garages as they work with sound installation, they have a broader knowledge in these equipment and can verify the boards and if it is one of the integrated resistors damaged, they can replace it reducing the cost of repair. In addition if the equipment tmerits a replacement, i can offer you other equipment alternate to a price much lower than the original Subaru equipment

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.