sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Honda Insight 2019 hybrid strats ok idles ok revs go up

HI, my Honda Insight 2019 hybrid strats ok idles ok revs go up with no problems but as soons as it put in revers or drive it cuts off that is even before taking foot off from break pedal, can you help
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 173000, i have checked and topped up cvt oil, also tried to check it with by removing air filter just incase it cutting off due to lack air under load
JA: Are you fixing your Insight yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been fixing my crs myself up to now, i have checked it with OBD diagnostic, no fault recorded, nor could AA assist could find any fault recorded, cvt oil topped up, checked with running without air filter but still does the same thing. this is my first IMA hybrid car, so totaal novice
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, when put it gear it tries to move but it cuts off

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you have any indicator lit on your dashboard?
Also i'd like to know what are the last maintenances you have done?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok your question now making feel stupid and I feel i have been led to parts with my money without any constructive help, i dont thing you know honda insight very well or you have not came across that problem before, I alredy explained what i done, I will be calling my bank right now to so i dont waste any more my hard earned money 25
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
well where have you gone or it just a trap
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok i dont think you going to do anything for me so I want my money back
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
just a some sort response would have been worth the money, but you just want to trap me get my money without doing anything, great system
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I just want my money back, even you account assistant dont understand i dont want your service

Dear customer, I apology for my long delay and for my question before. The problem you present can be quite common, basically it can be a problem in the throttle body.

Your hybrid Honda is very new to be presenting problems of sensory failures but it is likely that it is presenting dirt in the throttle body, What happens is that the throttle body being dirty causes the body butterfly to get stuck because of that when you apply the minimum revolution drive is controlled by the throttle potentiometer, it is possible that when applying the transmission, the air intake increases by opening the throttle body to keep the rpms at a minimum since the transmission asks the engine for effort, the body is getting stuck and therefore when the transmission is applied the butterfly cannot open and therefore cuts out.

I consider that what you should do is disassemble the throttle body and a make a very good cleaning, then assemble it again and reprogram it with a diagnostic equipment this work is very likely to correct your inconvenience.
I also recommend that you replace the fuel filters at once.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thank you

You are welcome dear customer, it is a pleasure can help.
Please before you go, please rate my answer in the 5 stars rating system located at the top of your screen.
Best wishes, Sebastian.