sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Ive got a Range Rover sport and the engine management light

Hi, Ive got a Range Rover sport and the engine management light has come on ?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Its the actual light which should go out when the engine is running
JA: What year is your Range Rover?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its really odd? I only bought it last week - It had a air con recharge and then I drove it 200 miles home. It had been stood for a couple of months on the forecourt, now there is nothing wrong with the drive of the car, its just that the light sometimes comes on and then other times, its fine. Ive tried some Diesel engine cleaner ?
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, in additon to this light, do you have any indicator lit?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer, i apology for my delay. If you do not have failures in your vehicle you do not have to worry, let me explain, the engine management light comes on when one of the sensors is malfunctioning or the operating range values ​​that the computer is receiving are out of the normal ones, for this reason it activates the light to warn you to drive with caution because it can experience failures according to what the computer is receiving.

If you do not have apparent failures i insist that you do not have to worry, having stopped your range rover for a while could simply cause an error code on your vehicle's computer, what you should do is with a diagnostic equipment reset the error codes and in this way erase the codes. This will eliminate the engine management light.
I must emphasize that the diagnostic equipment must have Range Rover software, you do not necessarily have to go to a dealership, since many garagess have multi-brand diagnostic equipment with the right software for your model.

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.