sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

All warning lights light up on dash upon start up, and can't

all warning lights light up on dash upon start up
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: and can't select gears the car will drive
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: e class(###) ###-####JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes only just found the fault 30mins ago not start for 2 days and been -1degrees. I've tried taking it for a drive to charge batteries but no look checked fuses 32 its ok
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
haven't checked cracking Amps /batteries on multimeter yet
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have you tried to start on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It starts and drives but speedo and oil temp doesn't work and doesn't show me selecting gears etc.
All warning lights on

Dear customer, I apology for my delay and i understand the problem you have when temperatures are very low, sometimes over time the electronic components of the vehicle may fail, in this case your dashboard. I do not know if at this moment the vehicle already starts and works normally excluding the dashboard.

If so, it is very likely the problem is that you are clearly on the dashboard or basically the speedometer and oil temperature indicators may have been damaged, to corroborate this, it is necessary to use diagnostic equipment that allows you to test dashboard actuators, it is the best way to do it without disassembling the dashboard.

Now, the problem is that damage to the dashboard always requires a total replacement of the dashboard since the components cannot be replaced or easily repaired.

Now, if the vehicle still has ignition problems, I am concerned that it is a problem at the computer level of the dashboard connections that normally these electrical components can suffer from corrosion and problems in their connections due to the low temperatures, if so, What should you do at the outset to verify the connections of the computer and the dashboard also check the status of all the fuses located under the engine compartment and under the dashboard
If everything is correct we proceed to perform a reprogramming of the computer and if this does not correct the problem, we should replace the ECU.

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi, I checked battery last night and it was down to 9volts so replaced battery today. All error codes went away and dash and car started working as normal. However the EML stayed on and came up with:-

P13DF09 the adblue(R) system has a malfunction. there is a component fault.
P2BA985 The emission limit for the NOx concentration has been exceeded (adblue(R) quality is too low) There is a signal above the permissible limit value.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
any ideas

Dear customer, thanks for the clarifications, what the scanner is indicating you is a low level of adblue, do you have a lot of time without filling the adblue system of your Mercedes?
If the adblue level is low, the vehicle has problems in the gas emission system and therefore activates the EML to indicate a malfunction.
You understand me?