sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Could you tell me if the blower controls on my 2014 caddy

Hi, could you tell me if the blower controls on my 2014 caddy has a long code to make it operate?
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Sorry probably not clear. Does it actually need a code to work?
Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2014 caddy 1.6tdi
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I noticed the blower had stopped working last weekend. I took to an independent vw garage today & they ran a scan through vcds. No fault codes
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm curious to know if it's a coding issue or a different type of fault. I do know the resistor can fail but usually still get some fan operation

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for coming back to me. Jose. Can u help with my enquiry?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you confirm either way if the blower has coding to make it work?

Dear customer, the blowe does not require any configuration/coding so you can be calm, your blower could have failed due to a defect or in the relay located in the fuse box in the engine compartment in the resistance of the blower or in the blower motor and its connections.

So what you should do dear customer is verify the aforementioned, proceed is as follows:

Examine the connections of the blower, to see if they are corroded or burned by the high temperatures to which it is subjected

Then dear customer, locate the relay located under the engine compartment in the fuse box, you will find a legend in the cover that will tell you exactly which relay is for the blower etc, a more practical way to corroborate whether or not is working is with the relays exchanging position to see if this causes the electric fan to activate.

Once the relay has been checked, we proceed to verify the resistance. The bad thing is that this resistance is not verified as such but is replaced. The good thing is that this resistance is quite cheap and is located close to the electric fan.

Dear customer, another test that you can do to disconnect the temperature bulb to verify that it is not a failure at the sensory level but in your case this is ruled out since you already made a computerized diagnosis and did not have error codes related to them.

Have you understood me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I understand completely. Thank you so much for your advice. I will be happy to recommend your service & to give 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I also have problem with rear distance sensors as they have stopped working also

You are welcome dear customer, you can select in the 5 stars rating system located at the top of your screen as it is the only i can receive the credit. Even after you rate we can keep in touch.

About the rear distance sensor, for politics we will have to talk about it through another query. But i can tell you that this problems are generally due to problems in the wiring loom of them, so yu should check i out.

Best wishes, Sebastian.