sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I put ignition on and put demister heating on 4, for almost

I put ignition on and put demister heating on 4, for almost 15 minutes and the car died, doesn't start, everything on the dashboard is on, what shall I do
Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The car doesn't start
Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Vauxhall?
Customer: Is corsa, comfort 2002, old car
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I didn't try anything, I need help
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know, is there anything I should know
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's corsa comfort 16v
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm waiting

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, what indicators you have lit?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Jose, thanks for your response, I didn't lit indicators, I put the demister heating on as it was all steamed inside and doesn't heat up so quick. So I put ignition on and put on level 4 heating front and back demister and left it for almost 15 minutes, after I came back everything is a mess, nothing works, blinking and doesn't start
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can I get an answer
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I paid for mistakenly for a phone call so expensive and still there's no answer
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What is this a scam
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
So I want my money refunded

Sorry dear customer, this is a message automatic from the platform.
I was taking a previous call and that's the reason of my delay.
In a momment i will be back with your answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where's your answer
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's really not fair faking
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
In would like my phone call request refunded, I'm telling you this is robbery
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'll report this website, I've a full evidence

Dear customer, I apologize for the delay in communicating with you

There are several reasons why this problem could have occurred. The first thing I am going to recommend you do is a system reset.
1) Turn the key to ON position without ignite the engine.
2) Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery.
3) Wait around 3 to 5 minutes to let all the modules delete its data.
4) Turn off the key and take it off.
5) Reconnect the negative terminal.
6) Turn again the key to ON position and wait around 30 seconds to let the modules restart.
7) Turn ON the car
This is basically a manual reset that is done to the vehicle to confirm that it is not a limp mode, emergency mode or an electronic problem such as a deconfiguration that may occur

If it doesn't correct the problem, I need you to check all the fuses under the dashboard and under the engine compartment because it may be that leaving the heater on constantly could have overloaded the system or one of the fuses ois burned and therefore you can't turn on

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK thanks, I'll try this but I've tried several times to start the engine on, will the method you told me work out after such trials

If even after this, everything is correct and the vehicle does not start, I need you to try another battery and verify that the starter is not getting stuck.
Now, if everything is correct and the problem may be at the sensory level and it is very necessary that you use diagnostic equipment but first discard the aforementioned.

You are welcome dear customer, please take a look to the manual reset.
Then the fuses.
After, the battery and at last we will need the diagnostic equipment to rule out a more deep problem.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The clock, warning light, were all dimming under the effect,

About the call request i apology for it, as i told you it is an automatic message from the platform. I will let the customer service to give you the refund with it, and you can do so as well.

The dimming clock and wanring ligh could be a signal of a flat battery, so you check the voltage there as well.
Do you have a lot of timing without replacing it?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok please do, I really wasn't looking for that, it was so quick. I don't know how I can do the refund myself
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No I bought a new one from halfords on June, so could it be that it's damaged, or will jump start could work it out,
BTW I'm really sorry for my quick judgment and bad words. I realise now you're there for real.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do u think this is something I can fix myself or do I need to bring in someone to do it

Do not worry dear customer, i know you are having a bad time and my delay did not help.

You can try checking the fuses in the fuse boxes, the cabin fuse box and the engine compartment fuse bos, also you can try to check the charge in the battery as sometimes several tries to start on can discharge the battery and in case any of this are the reason of the problem, we will need a diagnosti with a vauxhall software to determine if the problem is with a sensor due an overheating

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks you Jose,
Will you be able to answer me tomorrow while I'll be doing the manual reset and fuse checkup, now is too late

Of course dear customer, i will answer you. Even after you rate in the 5 stars rating system, we can keep in touch.
HAve a good night.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That's great, to you too
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Sebastian, I was going to do the manual reset and saw on the clock display pops up ' SAFE' and I gave it one try just in case and the engine starts, do u think it's safe to drive it. The clock has been reset to 0:00 since yesterday and is below this Safe displayed. What's it mean?

The safe means that the car is in this mode t oprotect itself form deeper problems, perhaps you will not be able to go more than 3rd gear and 30-40mphs. The clock reset means that the systems is restarted.
So, following both indicators, you should check the fuses and if they are all ok, a diagnostic will be needed as there is an error code stored in the system and it need to be deleted or a problem at bad reading in some sensor is generating the problem at needs to be checked.
The manual reset could work, but now it is unlikely. But it is good to check it out as well.