CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Transit 2.4ltr 2007 RWD. Had a injestor changed a week or so

Customer Question

Transit 2.4ltr 2007 RWD .Had a injestor changed a week or so ago van was slow to start afterwards got batteries checked and had them changed ...van started first go afterwards and died a few seconds later now she is just turning over and not firing
Category: Car
Expert:  CarDoc replied 4 days ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 4 days ago.

Have you tried using easy-start spray, into the intake pipe?

This will tell you if the problem is fuel delivery or not.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ya tried that she tries to go but just wont start
Expert:  CarDoc replied 4 days ago.

Does the engine sound change when you spray it into the intake pipe?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ya sounds like it's going to fire up .I am afraid to spray to much incase the engine runs away on her own
Expert:  CarDoc replied 4 days ago.

It does sound like a fuel delivery issue, on the MK7 this is usually resolved by replacing the prv (pressure relief valve) + scv (suction control valve) and then relearning the fuel pump auto pilot with a diagnostic tool. This VIDEO shows how it's done.

The symptoms you're experiencing are usually related to what I just mentioned above, but the crankshaft position sensor can also cause starting problems. You could try the fuel pump auto pilot re-learn before replacing the prv+scv.

Was the injector coded with the ECU when replaced?

Expert:  CarDoc replied 4 days ago.

The video is german but you can work out what he is replacing and how it's done.