sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have 2010 v50 1.6d and all of a sudden it won't start,

Hi, I have 2010 v50 1.6d and all of a sudden it won't start, says 'immobiliser try again' on dashboard
Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes, battery, fuses and connectors all looks fine, connected battery from another car also, didn't help
Assistant: Are you fixing your V50 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changing steering lock mechanism, because it also appeared on a dashboard, nothing changed, checked battery, connectors and fuses
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it I guess

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please if in addition to the immobilzer message, does the enginoe turns over but won't start?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No it's silence, engine does nothing
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Anything?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Also theres steering lock service required messege on dashboard alongside the immobilizer start again

Dear customer, I understand l. I want to explain you, the first thing I notice is that you present an important symptom of a deconfiguration in the system of recognition of the key and immobilizer, let me explain how your immobilizer system work

The electronic immobilizer protects your vehicle by means of an electronic code integrated in the key. This is composed of an invariable personal code and a second code that the immobilizer modifies each time the engine is started.

When starting the vehicle, the immobilizer checks the personal code and the variable. If both codes are correct, the immobilizer sends a new coded signal to the engine control to unlock the engine. Without this signal, the engine can not be started, even by a short circuit.

If you have a problem in the key or in the immobilizer, your vehicle does not turn on, this happens a lot when we perform works in the vehicle, it may have unintentionally done something to the battery that made the vehicle think that you were trying to turned on without its respective key or some other case that could activate the immobilizer.

In your case, the immobilizer can not verify the codes, this may be due to different factors, such as the key has been deprogrammed with the immobilizer, or that the key has no access to the vehicle, therefore the immobilizer inhibits the ignition , this type of problems is quite common so you do not necessarily have to go to the dealership to solve it, although it would be the most prudent and correct thing to do, There are locksmith companies that can help you with your case, reprogramming the key fob, key and the immobilizer, and verify if any of the modules present damages or if there is a short.

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.