Marc Webster
Marc Webster,
Experience:  mechanic at sw autos
107219462

My car seems to be having problems with starting up

Hi, my car seems to be having problems with starting up sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn’t..
Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: it when I turn the key, it seems to make a buzzing sound but then on the 2nd try it’ll turn over fine
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Ford Focus 2005
Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Spark plugs have been changed and the problem is still there
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: engine management light is on and flashing and when driving the car shakes

hello. it sounds as though your car isnt running on all cylinders, the engine light is on, have you had the codes read?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No not had the codes read nothing has been looked at by anyone

Ok, if you have already changed the spark plugs, we can rule these out. You possibly have a problem with the ignition coil packs, these can make the car not start and run rough when it eventually does start. they are quite common part to go on the focus model.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes that’s what I’m thinking having done research it seems to be common on ford focuses so I’m sure it must be that

Its definitly wise to start their, they are well stocked at most parts retailers,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How much are they to be fitted?

i should imagine no more than a hours labour, ive done a few myself on the ford range and theyre not that much of a job.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are you local to Bolton?

average labour prices are currently 60 - 80 pounds per hour in the uk Maybe more to £100 in london, and im afraid im not local sorry.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No problem! Thanks very much for responding appreciated!

thats absoloutely fine, is their anything else i can assist with? or are you happy for me to close the support ticket.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No that’s all thank you!

Thanks again, please feel free to leave feedback / review of the service provided today, Hope your focus is running smoothe again as soon as possible.