sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Citroen Grand Picasso. Rear suspension pumps manually by

Hi. Citroen Grand Picasso. Rear suspension pumps manually by inside boot control, but not automatically when ignition on and all doors shut.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: Hi, No, it always pumps up or down as load varies, but not now!
JA: What is the model/year of your Citroen?
Customer: Citroen Grand Picasso, 2011
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive checked fuse 10 behind the glove box. This is Ok
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I think the info is covered. Thanks

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you have any indicator lit on your dashboard or have done a diagnostic so far?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Suspension failure was on dashboard.
However, its suddenly started working automatically! I can only think dirty contacts on sensors on the rear suspension! Cars!
Thanks for your reply, but it seems ok now!

Dear customer, I understand your query, having activated the indicator on the dashboard effectively we are in the presence of a sensory failure, what happens is that when a sensor of the suspension system is activated the automated system is deactivated by precaution, so it remains manual.

Now, in cold weather, it is normal to create humidity in the connections, so the signals from the sensors are erroneous sporadically until the connections are dry.

Also, they can be simply error codes that are generated in the suspension module.

In both cases, it is good to perform a restart and reset of the error codes through a diagnostic equipment, but this equipment can not be generic, must be a citroen software equipment, because only these ones have access to the readings of the suspension modules.

Do you understand me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes, thanks and understood!
It appears to be working ok now.
Thanks again for your information.

You are welcome dear customer.
Hopefully it is just a misreading from one of the sensors and it is now deleted by the ECU. In anyway take into account my advise in case the problem came back again.
Even after you rate, we can keep in touch.