CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Saab 95 wont rev above 2500, turbo is just moving, fault

Saab 95 wont rev above 2500, turbo is just moving
JA: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fault just happened to-day Sunday 01/12/10. Have not tried anything
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oil and filter were changed approx 1000 miles past
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: Approximately 1000 miles

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Have you connected a fault code reader, to read the fault codes? It seems as though the car has gone into limp mode.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do not have a code reader
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do not have a code reader

You will have to take it to a garage to get them read. There are too many possible reasons as to why your car would go into limp mode so, technicians use the fault codes that get stored in the ECU when a fault occurs.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks for that

If you can get the fault codes and post back on here, I'll be able to help you further to resolve the issue by going off the fault codes and using my repair data software to narrow down to the possible cause.