sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Intermittent fault on Vauxhall’s Astra 1.6 Sri 2014 - dash

Customer Question

Intermittent fault on Vauxhall’s Astra 1.6 Sri 2014 - dash board displays esp and power steering service lights then slight loss of power, no gages work only petrol. Turning car off and restarting can clear back to normal !!code reader says no codes stored - any ideas
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: No comes on after say 20 mins of driving
JA: What year is your Astra?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced coil pack and new battery
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just looking for solution thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please what diagnostic tool model do you have?
Also i'd like to know the mileage and the specfic indicators you have lit.
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Mileage 65,000 and all lights come on the dash and none of gages work - turn the car off and it corrects it self for a while
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do u have any idea ? I have replaced coil pack and fitted new battery

Dear customer, I see your query and it is clear that you are not making a good diagnosis with a suitable equipment, and it is best not to proceed to make any replacement, because you might lose money, perhaps even when you replaced the coil package and installing the new battery, it was not necessary.

When we have indicators activated on the dashboard, it is a product that the models in charge of each indicator receive an altered signal from one of the sensors or actuators of the system, in your case you present indicators referring to the esp, this is the vehicle's stability system and the another of the steering, which are directly related to each other.

So, the first thing you should do is a computerized diagnosis with the correct equipment, that is, with a diagnostic equipment that has the Astra Vauxhall software, the loss of power you experience is the result of a limp mode due to precisely these indicators lit. When the correct equipment is entered and the error codes of these systems are reset, the indicators go out and the problem disappears.

The generic equipment cannot access these codes because the indicators you present are from modules other than the engine, and generic equipment can only enter the engine error codes nothing more, therefore, they do not receive error codes .

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.