sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

It's a porblem same as one I have just seen on your problem

It's a porblem same as one I have just seen on your problem page. My Ceed cuts out for no apparent reason. Wait a few minutes and it restarts OK. I suspect a fuel problem but the recovery firm who picked me up could fimd no fault after analysing with their diagnostic computer. Any Ideas?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It starts OK, but cuts out after a while, in an unpredictable way. Consumption is as regular as it has always been.
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: Sept. 2012 1.6 diesel Estate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven;t tried anything. It stalled about 3 weeks ago, which I put down to cheap (ASDA) fuel gelling/Freezing, but it has beeen Ok since I put Shell V power the last fill , that was up until yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cant think of aything speciific

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Could you tellme please the mileage of your car and what are the last maintenances you have done?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Milage approx 76,000 - I have Main services done at kia dealer and do the minor things myself

Dear customer, since you have your ceed? Have you replaced the low fuel pump located in the tank?

When it goes off, have you tried to turn on the engine, but it doesn't start?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No - I haven't - I don't think it would have been replaced at a normal major service. The Car does start again after waiting a few minutes, but cuts out again in an unpredictable fashion. I can rev it OK, wait a few minutes and it cuts out again. I can't trust taking it out on the road.

Dear customer, I understand your query better, winter does can affect the fuel, but because of the symptoms that you are presenting it is very likely that the pump is defective, when the vehicle gets cut out and requires a time to start, it is for an over-heating of the pump, you must wait a while for the pump to cool to turn it on again, until it turns on again.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Interesting solutions, but sorted the problem by replacing the fuel filter