sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Np300 2016. Wouldn’t start this morning. Freezing

Np300 2016. Wouldn’t start this morning . Freezing conditions. Been told could be water in bottom of filter freezing up. Could this be so? Cheers Paul.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yep there fine & greased up. Am a hgv driver. Ran battery a tad flat but used jump leads & spare battery but no joy.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Navara NP300 tenka pickup 2016
JA: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it’s a nothing of an issue al do myself. If not it will go to garage.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There’s fuel in pickup & life in battery but wouldnt start.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

IS it diesel?
Does the engine turns over but won't start?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Jose. Yes it’s diesel & yes it turns over but doesn’t start.

Dear customer, I apology for my delay and i understand your query it is absolutely true that low temperatures cause the water at the bottom of the filter to freeze . What happens is that diesel engines store water, so diesel fuel filters have a component which is like a water trap, it basically passes through the top of the filter but the water being heavier falls to the bottom of the filter all filters have a valve which must be opened from time to time to drain the water that is stored in the filter but many users forget to drain this valve and the water is stored when winter comes and this water freezes product of low temperatures.

What you have to do dear customer is to remove the filter, if it is possible to replace it do it with a new one and bleed the fuel injection system again from the tank to the injector pump and next time keep in mind to periodically drain the filters to prevent this to happen again

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible and that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Had RAC our to check the vehicle. They say after diagnosis that the air inlet valve is stuck closed therefore it’s needs the attention of a garage. Thanks for any help you have given. Regards Paul.

Dear customer, if it freezes, it is true that it requires attention so I told you that it is necessary to disassemble and verify it very well and it is very likely that you have to replace the valve.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.