sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I need to replace a damaged rear reflector unit on my 2018

I need to replace a damaged rear reflector unit on my 2018 CX5. Can the rear airdam skirt be removed without disturbing other panels at the rear of the car. If so can you give any tips how to go about it.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Very recent. 8000 miles.
JA: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Going to try to do it myself. Not actually started yet.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you still need help?
I will check in my files to see if i have this diagram and let you know, in anyway could sahre a ppicture with me please?
Thanks in advance

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes. I still need some advice. Picture attached. Sorry it's not very good. The airdam skirt is below the big bumper panel. The only damage is to the reflector unit and it looks like the airdam skirt will need to be removed to be able to access the reflector. The problem is I don' know how the skirt is attached to the bumper panel above it.

Dear customer, it seems removable the skirt of the rear bumper but it is not so, they come together unfortunately, basically you must dismantle the bumper to access this skirt. I'm sorry, but I think that if you release the exhaust pipe and move a little to the right you can access the reflector without having to disassemble it, the reflector has some clips on the inside, also if you lift this rear of the vehicle with the help of a jack you can enter more easily.

Do you understand me dear customer?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Sebastian. Not what I wanted to hear but at least I now know.

I know dear customer, but it is the way that part is made.
All the best for you.