sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Kia Niro petrol hybrid. Spanner symbol displayed and the

Kia Niro petrol hybrid. Spanner symbol displayed and the message Engine Temperature but with the gauge right down the bottom. Clearly not overheating
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Not yet checked. No obvious sign of leak. Will look now
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: coolant level ok. Niro 1.6 GDi hybrid CVT
JA: What year is your Kia?
Customer: 1967
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have tried nothing yet. I did not understand significance of message
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, in addition to the indicator do you have any mechanical fault like lost of power?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No other problems noted

Dear customer, the key symbol appears when a maintenance is required on your kia, basically comes out when you pass replacing the engine oil or when you replace it but did not erase the light through a diagnostic tool.

These indicators do not generate mechanical failures or performance problems, but you do require to do the maintenances or the reset of the light.

About the engine temperature message light, erasing the light with the diagnostic equipment will also turn off this message. As you do not have any signal of overheating it was a wrong signal generated in the sensor and it makes the light to lit up.

So, you do not have nothing to worry about and a simple diagnostic would sort out the problem and turn off the lights.

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.