sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have got an Audi Q7 TDI 3L 2011. I have poored a Carlube

Hi there, I have got an Audi Q7 TDI 3L 2011. I have poored a Carlube DPF cleaner in my fuel tank and I went on the motorway for a regeneration. When the regen started, a massive white smoke appeared at the back of my car. I stopped the car and couldn't start it back. I brought the car to a garage where have been told to manually clean the dpf and to repair the turbocharger. Which I did. The dpf and the turbo are both back on the car but the white smoke is still there and now comes out at the front of the car. Nothing goes through the DPF. When the DPF is connected, the car starts and stop short after. Wondering if the computer needs to be reset. The garage is telling me now that there is diesel in the exhaust...
Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: no
Assistant: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no at a garage
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have you checked the turbo and do you have any mechanical fault in your car?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello Sebastian

Dear customer, i recommed to never use additives in the fuel tank or in the engine oil, much less in the transmission I always recommend this, because these make the engines work outside their normal operation.

Dear customer, if after all the work you did to your Audi, they did not disassemble the tank and cleaned the fuel with the additive effectively you will continue to present smoke in the exhaust because the engine will still burn the additive that is there, so I recommend you disassemble the tank and clean it as soon as possible to avoid to damage the components again by the additive that can still remain in the tank.
Anyway, even after cleaning the fuel rail tank, there will still be a little bit of the additive and in the cylinders and in the injectors also so you will continue to present some for a few kilometers. This is normal.

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what about the unburned diesel in the exhaust pipe?

Just like the additive that is in the fuel system, the diesel will burn out during the days. So, for some days yet you will observe the smoke.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
my mechanic thinks that the additive cannot be the problem but he thinks that the injectors are not in good conditions. ummm
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need to bring the car to an Audi specialist

If the smoke was produced after using the additive is quite direct that it is causing the smoke, but also as I have indicated the rail injection could be affected, and may be necessary a verification of it, I consider that with the cleaning of the tank could test a time to see if the smoke disappears, if not, you must verify the injection system.