Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My range rover sport is showing a system charging fault. Is

My range rover sport is showing a system charging fault. Is this for the alternator?

hi..there..

Often it can be alternator related albeit Alternator Control Module which is integrated as part of the alternator itself..basic checks obviously need to be addressed first for example are the battery terminals clean and tight void of corrosion.belt tension at the alternator too - .is the battery getting the desired voltage of upto 14.5v at idle on a load ie: with lights etc all on you should see the volts stay at steady 13-14 volts which means the alternator is charging properly..anything below that would suggest the alternator at fault..also the battery itself and health would need to be tested too.. it should also be possible with a decent high end scanner to retrive fault codes related to the charging system if that charging warning is on..a simple code reader wont be able too.