Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

I have a 2014 diesel Golf Estate and cannot open the fuel

Customer Question

I have a 2014 diesel Golf Estate and cannot open the fuel flap. The owners manual states that the flap can’t be opened manually. I only have 15 miles of diesel left in the tank and don’t know what to try next.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It’s not a gas hog and starts as usual.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: VW Golf Estate 1.6 Diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve tried myself without luck. I took it to a VW main dealer and a VW garage whereI have it serviced. The main dealer told me to smash the flap and the garage couldn’t fix it. I’ve tried locking car from inside using central locking button and unlocking with the key remote still no luck.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just tell him I’m desperate
Category: Car
Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?