Philip
Philip, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  owner at point zero
106201380

I own a 12 plate Octavia, it has suddenly developed a

Customer Question

I own a 12 plate Octavia, it has suddenly developed a ticking noise in the offside front maybe just under the dashboard. Any ideas?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Started a couple of days ago, noise coming from just under the dash as af over to the right as you can go. It sounds like a clock ticking
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Skoda octavia SE 1.2 TSI 105bhp
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know what is needed so haven't tried anything, I would only do simple tasks,
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so!
Category: Car
Expert:  Philip replied 6 months ago.

Hi - My name is ***** ***** I will try me best to assist you today . . .

Expert:  Philip replied 6 months ago.

The ticking sounds like it could be electrical - does it 'tick' all the time or only at certain times ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It ticks all the time
Expert:  Philip replied 6 months ago.

Was the vehicle outside or do you think water could have gotten into the car / dashboard area to possible cause a short ?

Expert:  Philip replied 6 months ago.

Do you notice any other warning lights coming on ? I would also be curios to know if you have noticed any other electrical changes like the clock not working or the interior light not working etc. This would indicate that a fuse has blown which would simply need replacing.