Philip
Philip, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  owner at point zero
106201380

It makes a thumping noise continuously, I have new rear

Customer Question

it makes a thumping noise continuously, I have new rear suspension arms, new brake pads and new tyres, and still the noise persists. I'm assured that it's not wheel bearings.?????
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 70000- what are rotors?
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: asx4 diesel4x4 2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Garage (not Misubishi) put new suspension arms(?) on rear. New brake pads(rear) and new tyres (rear)
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It sounds like a "rotational" noise
Category: Car
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 16 days ago.

Hi my name is Gavin is it a shogun.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ASX
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'd rather stick with this format please.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 13 days ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm fine waiting for an answer - thank you very much.
Expert:  Philip replied 9 days ago.

Hi Gavin;

My name is Philip and I will try and assist you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the vehicle.

The rotors are the actual brake disks that the pads clamp down onto. With 70,000 on the clock it seems very likely that these could need replacing ?