experteer
experteer,
77184159

I've been told my timing belt needs to be changed. My car

I've been told my timing belt needs to be changed. My car has only done almost 21000 miles and is just over 5 years old. I've researched this and I'm not convinced this work needs doing yet.
Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: I've only had the car for a year, but research suggests it needs changing every 7 to 10 years or after 60000 miles.
Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Skoda Citigo 2014 1.0 Petrol
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, it was a suggestion when I had it's MOT done last week.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

No, the timing belt does not need to be replaced yet.

According to Skoda, the timing belt should be checked first at 150,000 miles, then every 20,000 miles, i.e. at 170,000 miles.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.