Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

Skoda Fabia 1.6 - 2007 registered - intermittent problem

Skoda Fabia 1.6 - 2007 registered - intermittent problem with front windows not opening from switches on drivers door - when fault present the internal switch on passenger door does not open that window. Does that sound like a motor problem or a wiring problem.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '07 Skoda?
Customer: 1.6 petrol
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. Hopefully I can help.

Whilst the problem may be due to a sticky drivers switch and this could prevent the passenger switch from operating correctly, the most likely scenario in my opinion would be that the wiring loom between the drivers door and the body has failed.

This is a very common problem and due to the wiring flexing every time the door is opened and closed, this can be intermittent.

I would check the loom between the door and the body which is routed between the hinges for any small breaks or cracks in the wire. If you have a rubber sheath over the loom you will need to pull this back to carefully check the wire, but i believe this is the most likely reason for the problem you have.

You also mention could it be a motor problem and again this is possible but not as likely as a fault in the wiring.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept I can continue to answer questions on the matter by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve