Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

Skoda Octavia 2008 TDI 1.9. Problem starting, Particularly

Hi. Skoda Octavia 2008 TDI 1.9. Problem starting, Particularly on cold morning. Put in new barttery and this helped for a few weeks but problematic again, Replaced all glow plugs, no improvement. When starting it appears to srtart and then cuts out after about 2 seconds. This can happen a number of times vbefore the engine finally starts. Once the engine is warm after a journey. The engine will start on first attempt .
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Alternator has been checked and is fine. Battery has been checked ans is fine and is charging (Its new)
JA: What is the model of your '08 Skoda?
Customer: skoda OCTAVIA
From Feb 2004 to Apr 2012Engine: 1896cc. 105hp.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Alternator has been checked and is fine. Battery has been checked ans is fine and is charging (Its new) New glow lugs fitted
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Morning my name is Gavin have you checked the glow plugs are getting 12v.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Gavin. No. How would I check that , f they are not getting 12v would it be because of the relay or the cable?

A basic test light or basic volt meter. They have issues with the wiring that goes to the glow plugs you can buy that part of the loom.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, Thanks. I;ll'' check that this evening.

No problem if you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.