Marc Webster
Marc Webster,
Experience:  mechanic at sw autos
107219462

Have an electric problem? due to low battery charge as I

Hi have an electric problem ? due to low battery charge as I dont use it very often in the winter. When I started the car alarm went off but I run it for 20 minutes the alarm switched off on its own. Following day I took it for a drive drove 20 miles to Heathrow then I realised signal lights are not coming on including the front panel dials ie speedomter etc!. Lights are working and break lights too. Any advise please I am a member of the AA but because its Bentley I have not called the Cra is parked in the Garage in London SW. Thanks My e mail address is***@******.*** mobile number*********** Its a Bentley GTC 2008 with 31k miles serviced regularly by the agent.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: 6 months ago the agents did a full service
JA: What is the model of your '20 Bentley?
Customer: BENTLEY GT Convertible 2008 model
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I do not have a mechanical knowledge hence an opinion of expert
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is the main issue

Good afternoon, I can assist you with this,
it does sound as though the battery has got so low it triggered the alarm , this reset itself when the key was in range after 20minutes,
regarding the dash illumination lights the battery has more than likely also has caused a fault in one of the lighting circuits
we dont offer a mobile assistance service here but it does look like you are going to need some extra help with this.

If you have a dealership near you or a trusted garage i would recommend visiting them and having the battery replaced first, then investigate the lighting circuit, it could be a simple fuse blown or tripped however the will be able to plug the car into a diagnostic computer and identify the issue,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks very much I will book into the agent garage I bought it from. take care

Thats no problem, i hope your Bentley is running smooth again in no time,
if your happy with the service please click accept and ill be able to close this from my side.
Thanks again.

Please click accept and i will be able to close this from my end.

Please click accept and ill be able to close this and the emails will stop. otherwise it remains open

please provide an update