sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a skoda superb estate and the tail door will not open

Customer Question

I have a skoda superb estate and the tail door will not open how do I open from inside
JA: What is the model/year of your Skoda?
Customer: 17 sportline
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ihave lookedinside to see if there is a manual release but none visable
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how to take the trm panel off if I have to
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, there are two models of skoda superb, in both models the rear seats are foldable, therefore you can move them forward to gain access to the the trunk when you do this, you go to have to remove the upholstery from the back of the trunk door and in this way you will access the hook that frees the trunk. The problem is that I think that upholstery cannot be removed. At least that the door is open because of that I need you to try first if you can agree to remove the upholstery because as I do not know what model is yours and i do not remember pretty well both.

Now if you can not remove the upholstery in this model, the only way to open the trunk through some hooks that are introduced but we as mechanics do not really work with locksmiths since this is a specialized areamso there are specialized auto lockstmith garages.

In adddition, you may be presenting simply problems with the hook that it has got stuck, the rear door lock mechanism is simply a mechanism that consists of fingerprints and hooks that allow the opening or the grip of the lock, the problem is that when these systems bother, the entire lock is replaced completely since the parts are not sold separately.

Do you understand dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!