experteer
experteer,
77184159

Had a stone hit windscreen and cracked glass, not massive

had a stone hit windscreen and cracked glass , not massive crack, can the crack be repaired without replacing whole windscreen
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: FORD FOCUS ESTATE 17 PLATE
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOT TRIED ANYTHING YET LOOKING FOR ADVICE
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

How big is the crack?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No bigger than 5 pence piece

Unfortunately, I do not offer a telephone service, the money for this you will get back the next days.

Ok, 5 pence is so the limit where a repair is possible.

If the crack is not larger, not in the driver's field of vision, and at least 4 inches from the edge of the windshield is painful, a repair can be made.

But you should prevent dirt from getting into the crack. Carefully stick a small piece of foil or adhesive tape on it.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can this crack be fixed how do I go about getting it fixed

A garage or auto glass company can repair the crack if it meets the criteria I mentioned.

You can't do it yourself. The car glass has a special device that first sucks negative pressure into the crack and then fills it with a resin.

Do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’ve sent the question twice now how about an answer

To the question how the crack can be repaired I have answered the following:

A garage or auto glass company can repair the crack if it meets the criteria I mentioned.You can't do it yourself. The car glass has a special device that first sucks negative pressure into the crack and then fills it with a resin.