Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I have a superb 3.6 v6 petrol - every so often it goes into

I have a superb 3.6 v6 petrol - every so often it goes into limp home mode limiting me to 2000 revs for a number of weeks then it clears - had a diagnostic which said not enough petrol getting to engine on these occasions - however don't know if faulty sensor or fuel pump or filter - any ideas thanks *****: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: its petrol - no haven't done anything yet
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: skoda superb 3.6 v6 petrol
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no - nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: happens intermittently - will be ok for couple of months then happen and last for a number of weeks

Hi Stephen

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, you have not mentioned the year of your Skoda or the milage but the first and most likely thing to change would be the fuel filter, an intermittent problem such as this is very often due to a clogged up filter and the debris can settle and then allow a flow again.

The fuel filter on your Skoda should be under the vehicle just in front of the petrol tank, it is quite easy to replace provided the securing bolt isn't rusted.

Given the time between the problems you have had I would certainly make this a first move.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue. even

after clicking accept I can continue to answer questions on the matter by replying to this thread

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for that Stephen - that sounds like it makes sense - will get it looked at - thnks again

Hi Stephen

I hope all goes well but do get in touch again if needed.

Steve