Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

Just bought ldv cargo 400 and clutch pedal is to high can it

just bought ldv cargo 400 and clutch pedal is to high can it be adjusted
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no
JA: What year is your Cargo?
Customer: 2002/3
JA: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just bought it runs fine just pedal is to hi
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and i am a fully skilled vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. Hopefully I can help.

Yes the clutch is adjustable and the 2002 / 3 LDV 400 has a clutch cable which is adjustable at the gearbox end.

I have attached a picture of the clutch cable and you can see the nut and washers to the right of the picture which goes at the gearbox end which can be adjusted.

I would note that the Maxus had a problem with the clutch pedal bracket breaking and a strengthening brake was available for this, I don't think this affected the 400 but it worth a quick look to make sure the pedal bracket is good.

I hope this answers your question, but do please feel free to ask any further questions by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question, please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept I can continue to answer questions on the matter by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve