Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

Im having problems with my Volkswagen scirocco would anyone

Hi im having problems with my Volkswagen scirocco would anyone be able to help me
JA: What year is your Scirocco?
Customer: 2010, but its had clutch changed, drive belt changed etc
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no i get a specific issue and it doesnt come up every time i drive The car will go in limp mode, where i cannot really accelerate as the car sounds like its going to blow up when i do, the engine light flashes too
JA: Are you fixing your Scirocco yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havent been able to find any solutions towards this at the moment I only got it serviced a few days ago
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its a 1.4 tsi that may help as apparently from looking online alot of people get this issue From their 1.4 tsi sciroccos

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

There is quite a common known problem with the 1.4 TSi Scirocco which gives the symptoms you have, this is due to the breather hose on the engine crankcase becoming disconnected, I have attached a diagram showing the hose.

There are though other possibilities and if the VW has gone into limp mode this should leave a code in the ECU which can be retrieved using a diagnostic scanner, by retrieving this code the cause of the fault should be much easier to narrow down.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept I can answer further details by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Steve, i took my car to get serviced on thursday and they ran diagnostics and said the issue narrowed down to the spark plugs, they changed them, car was running fine until today where ive just had the issue come up again.

HI

Spark plugs normally give a misfire, it may be worth popping back to them and asking them to put the car on the diagnostic scanner to get the codes, if you can then let me have the codes I can give you more details.

It could still be the pipe I mentioned as this would have been disturbed when doing the plugs. It may also be something simple like an electrical plug they haven't replaced correctly.

Any time the engine light flashes and or the engine goes into limp mode this will leave a code in the ECU.

The garage should know this and should be able to read the code and identify the problem.

With the code I can give you further details.

Steve

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ill be taking it back to the garage that serviced it tomorrow morning so they can have another look at it ill let them know what you’ve said too, thankyou

Ok. Do let me know how it goes and do feel free to ask any further details.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Alright mate taken it to the mechanics, they ran diagnostics and said its a misfire, changed the coils so lets hope it stays fine from here

OK.

Hope all stays good, but If you do have any further concerns do let me know.

Steve