sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2016 Maserati Quattroporte V6D. When I bought it a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2016 Maserati Quattroporte V6D. When I bought it a few weeks ago there was a whine from the steering which the selling garage that I pointed out and they topped up the fluid in the power steering reservoir. The whine immediately stopped and I have driven the car around 300 miles since then with no issues. Today, the whine was back and the power steering reservoir is below minimum fluid level again. My question is: does this mean a leak in the system or is the steering using this amount of fluid normally?
JA: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak? And have you checked the reservoir?
Customer: I cannot see a leak and yes, the reservoir was blow minimum again today.
JA: Are you fixing your Quattroporte yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to top up again (when I get some fluid), but if this is serious I will have to take it to the garage.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. I apologize for the delay to take your query

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, it is not normal that you are filling the fluid tank and is going down the level. it indicates that you are in the presence of a major leak. Driving the vehicle with the minimum amount of steering fluid puts the pump at risk, and it is quite expensive.

I recommend that you to go with the vehicle to the garage to check the condition of the leak and correct it as soon as possible, in general the leaks are from one of the hoses or one of the seals of the steering box. it is the most common thing that happens and it is not complicated to repair it nor expensive. But you should repair it soon.

Have you understood me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Regards, Sebastian.