sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a VW golf gtd 2016 and I require a part for it which

Customer Question

Hi I have a VW golf gtd 2016 and I require a part for it which o don't know what it is or does. I have pictures but need someone to look at the picture and possible tell me what it is?
JA: What is the model of your '16 VW?
Customer: Gtd
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Not tried anything as I need the part
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I can send a picture ?
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. I apologize for the delay to take your query

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, you can attach the picture by clicking in the paper clip icon located at the top of your writing chart.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have attached a picture
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It's the pink connector that goes into the brown one
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Another picture
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If you zoom in you can see it.. it's on the front of the car engine
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 days ago.

Dear customer, I am sorry for the delay, if I am not mistaken, what you are indicating me is the thermostat of the refrigeration system, but they have already removed the shell of the thermostat and I can see the thermostat directly.

The thermostat is simply a spring-shaped mechanical part that when the engine is cold contracts to shut off the coolant passage so that the engine can heat up more quickly at low temperatures but then the heat causes this spring to expand to allow the refrigerant passage and avoid overheating.

This is the piece that I managed to observe.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi thank you for your reply. So is that what the pink connector thing is? Do you know if I can buy just the connector bit? Thanks
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 days ago.

Dear customer, the brown "plug" is the temperature sensor and the pink connector is its connector. It can be obtained in any spare parts, some vehicles both parts come together and in others separately.