Marc Webster
Marc Webster,
Experience:  mechanic at sw autos
107219462

We are importing to the UK from France our 2017 - Peugeot

We are importing to the UK from France our 2017 - Peugeot 2008 SUV style 1.2L puretech 110S Petrol and need to get the correct headlights and fog light. Can you help us please?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: we need to see if we need to change the entire light so it works in the UK. Is this a real person or a computer? Hope don’t mind my asking
JA: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no its a Peugeot 2008
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: if he reads the message above, it should be clear
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The Chassis number is VF3CUHNZ6HY090854
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
We just need to know if the lights in our French car are universal and also okay in the UK or if they are only for a LHD and, if so, what are the correct lights and fog light we would need to order to comply with the UK specifications. Thank you
the fog light should be ok, i beliwve the headlights may need changing to a uk model, in some cases they can be converted. a local garage in the uk should be able to assist fully in this. they also have the mqchine to check as a swap may not be required
please provide an update
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello, we believe that all the lights needs changing. Unless they are universal lights? Thanks
does the vehicle have front fog lights. the rear should be ok. its the headlights
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It’s the headlights. It is a LHD and we need it to comply with RDH for the UK
yes then it that case the headlights will require swapping to rhd model as mentioned previously some garages can adapt them or adjust them
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes, but we need to now what the correct headlights are to order. THat’s our problem. We don’t know which ones to order.
ok. please leave this with me. ill try and source some. what is your current city? ill find somebody near. ps this coukd take a while but you wont be charged any more . i expect to have the part information within 24 hrs
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
That would be amazing. We are in Edinburgh. Do you need any further information on the car?
ive got it as a pugeot 2008 made in 2017 is that correct
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes, it is a a Peugeot 2008 SUV 1.2L Pure Tech 110 S Tient P
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Made in 2017 - correct
perfect leave it with me ill see what i can find
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Marc, any joy in finding the correct parts? Thank you
im still waiting for the reply from supplies. ive been assured their still open just doesnt normally take this long. please still leave it with me and ill sort it when i get a reply. if ithe info is not here by tomoro noon ill schedule this question no be refunded
to be refunded*
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you - hopefully they will respond. This is a great service which I will use again and recommend :)
i have received a email from supplies they are closed until further notice.
the parts were listed at nearly £900 per headlight. i understand for both would be very expensive
However i have checked online and their is somebody selling both front lights off a 2017 model for £135 each so total of £300
these are second hand units off a vehicle that has been stripped down.
would these be any good to you .
im trying my hardest to get the right outcome
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi Marc, That sounds perfect but are you certain they will be the correct lights? When you say “supplies” do you mean from Peugeot directly? Also, how would I go about purchasing them? This would be great if they are definitely the correct ones. Could you let me know the part number or whatever the terminology is if for lights? I appreciate the research in this. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
How is your time compensated for this if they are definitely the correct headlights?
it is the suppliers that peugeot use. peugeot main dealer may be able to supply these lights but they will be very expensive amd possibly also closed at this time.

the passenger side light is

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124117859610
its listed to fit model years between 2016 to 2020

just sorting out the correct drivers side light unit

regarding my payment i get paid a small percentage of what your charged from the website and only when your 100 percent satisfied.
this is for the right side.
please let me know if the links come through
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124117838670
the plus side is you could potentially sell the current headlights to regain cost
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
The links have come through, thank you so much. We’re going to look at them now on eBay. Are they guaranteed to fit our LHD car? Also, what about the fog light. We need a Rear offside (right) fog light. Currently is only has the left. We have the glass for the right but not the light behind it. It is the unit that hold the light bulb and the light bulb we would require. Would you like me to do this one to you on a separate question? Happy to do so. Thank you
its fine on this question, i believe it may be possible to swap the rear foglight bulb and holder from the left. ill look into this shortly. and regarding the headlights they are showing as correct fitment. for models between 2016 and 2020. do they look the same visually in the photos compared to the vehicle?
both items can be returned within 14 days if anything is wrong. i will look into the fog light amd get back to you in a couple of hours as i have to go shopping
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi Marc, that would be great, thank you. Should I request you and do it as a new request or can I rate again on this one. I don’t want to take advantage of your time. Thank you, Ali