sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Loss of power when driving and engine started to rattle,

Loss of power when driving and engine started to rattle
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Only a 4 days have stopped driving it now and sounds like it’s coming from the top of the engine
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: S.w.b ford transit custom
JA: What year is your Transit?
Customer: Regs 64 plate and just done 108454 miles
JA: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet was meant to be at ford today but they have shut
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The oil is fine and water but have done about 4000 miles in about 5 weeks

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you feel that the motor is noisy, it only moves more than normal?

I would like to know how long you have without having performed maintenance on the fuel injection system and air intake?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It’s last service was at the start of feb and noise is when it is and moving and when it is Reved up

Dear customer, I am concerned that the noise comes from an internal engine failure.I recommend you to do not use the vehicle or start the engine only strictly enough to go to a local garage. I am concerned that several cylinders of the engine have stopped working for what it presents the loss of power and the noise is due to a part with a strange movement inside the motor.

The best is to carry out the revision uncovering the upper part of the engine only to verify that there are no strange play and with this we verify that the engine has good lubrication.

It is also good to perform a compression test of the cylinders to verify that it is not a failure in them. In addition is good to check that the motor mounts/supports are not defective.

Have you understood me, dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today, if so please change the rate you did before. Please. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!