Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I have the flashing yellow squiggly warning light on my 2013

Customer Question

I have the flashing yellow squiggly warning light on my 2013 2L Diesel and power has been limited when driving??
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: It blinks constantly. It is the usual light for glow plugs but does not go out?
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: VW Beetle 2L D 2013
JA: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no plans yet but depends on complexity. Nothing tried yet.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

The yellow light and the loss of power are both indicating that one of the engine management systems has sensed a fault, this could be due to a number of things such as a faulty sensor or an induction system air leak.

The first move will be to get the engine codes read from the EOBD plug to determine the cause of the problem.

Once armed with codes the remedy will be easier to determine.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve