Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a 166 alfa 2001 my, problem is the radio dos,nt work

Customer Question

I have a 166 alfa 2001 my, problem is the radio dos,nt work checked all the usual suspects help
JA: How old is your Alfa unit?
Customer: i believe it came with the car from the beginning
JA: How long has this been going on with your Alfa unit? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since i bought the car in feb this year the unit did,nt work at tall i sent it away to get repaired i have now got a screen never had the radio working and still don.t work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Ithink i have covered every thing i fitted a new battery just after Ibought it
Category: Car
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
2.5 v6
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
there are so many different models its unreal mine is BECKER-BE 2580 /SIEMENS MLFB 5WK 78230
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you read any message on the screen?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no messages
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will remove the unit again tomorrow and check the aerial connections than get a live phone call with you and explain as much as I can with you, is it fixable
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Please if you can share a picture with me would be really helpful.
Doing this work, would begood to check the continuity of the signal to the screen to see if power is coming to the screen.