Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My abs light comes on and my car will go into limp mode (it

Customer Question

Hello, my abs light comes on and my car will go into limp mode (it used to be that it would do this at 56mph plus, but now it does it when travelling at higher speeds. The car will fall out of cruise control (set to 70) and show speeds of 35mph for example, the car speedo then continues to flip between 70 and 35 for example (this isn’t exact) for a while. The vehicle has had a new abs sensor fitted on the side that was causing the issue.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Just the abs light
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Vauxhall Corsa E (2017) YT67EZX
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, new abs sensor fitted
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am waiting to see a mechanic to get a Oil leak fixed, which is coming from the differential (So I’m told). (I am also told that this may be a seal)
Category: Car
Expert:  CarDoc replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 16 days ago.

Have you had the vehicle connected to a fault code reader?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Good evening, the car had been connected to a fault code reader, which had said there was an issue with the front left abs sensor (I’m told this, so couldn’t tell you what the code stated exactly).I’ve ran the car now, and it makes a ticking noise from the clutch area. Though this was changed at a garage a short time ago!
Expert:  CarDoc replied 16 days ago.

Was the car not scanned for fault codes again?

ABS wheel sensors are not always a first time fix, especially when using OEM parts because of clearances between the sensor and reluctor ring/magnetic wheel bearing. It's likely that fault may have returned for that same wheel.