Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

How do you change a passenger front wing on a Mitsubishi

Customer Question

How do you change a passenger front wing on a Mitsubishi lancer
JA: What Mitsubishi product do you have?
Customer: 5 door hatchback 2010
JA: What have you tried so far with your Mitsubishi product?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

From the details I have the wing is bolted in place, to access the bolts the front bumper and headlamp will need to be removed along with the inner wheel arch. I have attached a couple of images one showing the bolt points on a second hand wing and the other a diagram of the wing and bolt points, this should help you locate the fixing bolts.

Once all the fixing bolts are removed the wing will still be stuck into place with the body mastic, the wing will need a gentle tug to remove it from the vehicle.

The side repeater indicator will also need disconnecting.

When fitting the new wing it will need to be fitted loosely and the positioned to ensure it lines up with the bonnet line and the door line, once happy with the position the wing bolts can be tightened up.

You should also be prepared that the securing bolts may have rusty threads and could sheer off upon removal.

I hope this answers your question but do please ask further details by replying to this thread if I can help.

Many Thanks

Steve