Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My Mercedes has a red message saying "without changing gear

Customer Question

My Mercedes has a red message saying "without changing gear consult workshop". The car does not change gears and is stuck in P. Also almost all electric systems are not working. Can it be fuse box blown? What is your advice?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: 8 years old. No i didn't
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: Mercedes-Benz e class s212 2012
JA: Are you fixing your C-Class yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just tried to connect my OBD scanner but it cannot connect to the car
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The message came up during jump start another car
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, did this happen after long time without using the car or did you feel any fault while driving?