Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Silly question possibly but my hands free is not working. It

Hi silly question possibly but my hands free is not working. It seems it won't connect my phone to the outside via the car. I have tried all sorts but at the moment it won't play. Has worked up till this week. And the phone is fine. Bluetooth is enabled and phone is recognised and downloaded. Incoming calls only work if I accept on my phone but can talk hands free. Any suggestions
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Hyundai tucson 2016
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to. Have reset to factory settings. Removed and reset Bluetooth. Reset my phone.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's everything
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have tried removing mobile data and location but still not working. Outgoing calls are not working, incoming work but I have to accept on my phone

Hi there , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you Today

ok this is commonly caused by a software lockup between the phone and the Bluetooth module

the first thing that should be done is to disconnect the battery for around 10 minutes

and the reconnect it and try repairing phone

this resets the Bluetooth module and allows repairing of the phone and operation of the system to commence

this is always the first port of call with this type of issue

If you need any further help or technical assistance going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER POSITIVE

as this is how iam Accredited for my advice and time and also to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day and stay safe

Any POSITIVE FEEDBACK/are kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks Brian I have tried your fix unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. But I have received some info from Sony and now understand the issue. Many thanks
Mr Tyler