Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I have a rhd 2001 GTV 916 3.0 24v which has a leak of oily

I have a rhd 2001 GTV 916 3.0 24v which has a leak of oily fluid. It is coming from a joint at the bottom of what looks like a condenser to the left of the engine (effectively behind the front bumper) when facing the front of the car. As the car is new to me, I’m not sure what this is. Any help please?
JA: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?
Customer: It’s oily and tainted black.
JA: Are you fixing your GTV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Done nothing - want to understand what it is first.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi my name is***** think you mean the oil cooler that is leaking.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok. Thanks. The leak is coming from the joint at the bottom of a vertically mounted cooler. Can I try to tighten or could it just be a seal?

They are prone for it on all 3 and 3,2 litre alfa engines can you send me a picture to see how bad it is.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can but not until Tuesday/Wednesday as the car is elsewhere. Thanks for your help

I will be working then so feel free to get back to me and for any parts google Alfa shop i used to use the all the time.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

will you be fixing it yourself.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Not sure. Is it difficult?

No not really difficult just an ugly job to do as the steel unions fuse with the alloy of the cooler then it turns in to a bit of a nightmare but it is more basic labour intesive rather than any real skill required to do it.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks again